Laredo child fatally chokes on grape

Laredo child fatally chokes on grape

By César Rodriguez, LMTonline.com

A 3-year-old boy died after a grape lodged in his throat while watching television with his grandmother, according to Laredo police.

Zoe Lamar Castillo was pronounced dead Thursday at a San Antonio hospital, where he had been in intensive care since Monday.

First responders were dispatched to reports of a child choking on a grape at 1:23 p.m. Monday in the 2100 block of Okane Street. Castillo was in the care of his grandmother. She stated she had given him grapes.

“The relative realized that the child was choking on the grape,” said Investigator Joe E. Baeza, LPD spokesman.

She pat him on the back trying to dislodge the grape. After several failed attempts, she picked up Castillo and ran to the neighbor’s home seeking help.

Read More Here

Temple man charged with sex assault of child Previous post Temple man charged with sex assault of child State rep. proposes bill to hold DOIs accountable for finances, academics Next post State rep. proposes bill to hold DOIs accountable for finances, academics